Thursday, May 21, 2020

Bug List

Things that bug me

1. Never correctly being at the right temperature. When I am taking a break, I can get cold, so I’ll grab a blanket. But then, when I put my blanket on, I get hot and have to turn on the fan, which makes me cold again. So I end up in an endless loop.
  • The bug exists because the fan I have has two extreme speeds of either being very slow or really fast and the blanket I have does not have a maximum temperature it will heat me up. 
2. While working with people, hearing their keyboards make noises as they are typing can be bothersome.
  • This bug exists because the keyboards my friends use are not smooth when they are pressed. 
3. While I am rushing to class, slow walkers in the hallway or in large groups outside can make me late to class.
  • This bug exists because sometimes the path I am on is the only path or too narrow of a path to be passing the people. 
4. When I'm frying food like empanadas and fish, there will be moments where the oil will start splattering and cause some burns. 
  • This bug exists because sometimes the food I try to fry with has water on it and it will splatter. This can also be because the pot I am using is not big enough. 
5. In the early morning, it irritates me when I'm sleeping and the light passes through the blinds, causing the beaming sunlight to shine on my face.
  • This exists because the blinds I have do not cover the light completely as they let sunlight pass through each wooden piece. 
6. Every time I get off a bus, my glasses fog up because of the change in temperature outside.
  • This occurs because we live in a pretty humid and hot state. When I get off the cold bus, my glasses that are cold allow for the humidity to condense on them. 
7. When my hair starts falling down in the middle of the day, since my gel only lasts a few hours, getting in face and having to forcefully push it away from my eyes.
  • This happens because after some certain time external factors such as wind, water, and daily life occurences, my hair will start flattening down because the gel is being worn out. 
8. As I am studying and doing homework, the lightbulbs in all my rooms go out on the same day putting the whole house in darkness. With this situation, I am put in a situation in either driving to home depot or working in the loud living room.  
  • This is a typical issue with light bulbs that are all put in at similar times. This problem starts with one light bulb flickering and then the rest just continues. 
9. Misplacing my wallet when I am in a rush to go somewhere and now cannot drive to the location I need to be. 
  • This just happens because of human error or others moving the item without me knowing. 
10. During the winter days of Florida, I dislike wearing jackets when it is cold outside because later on in the day it will become hot. When it gets hot, I am stuck carrying a jacket and I start sweating. 
  • This is again a problem because of Florida's weather being a little chaotic, as it is constantly changing to really hot or cold. 
11. During the night when I'm taking my dogs outside, they stay in the backyard not wanting to come back for several minutes even when I call them. 
  • My dog's are usually stuck outside chasing animal's or their attention is temporarily is controlled by outside noise. 
12. When I buy greener bananas for them to last longer, they still go spoiled very quickly and I end up with rotten bananas. 
  • Fruit just spoil really fast. Bananas are the fruit that spoil the quickest for me and I take a lot of time eating Bananas. 
13. Waking up every morning to find my white patio full of dead love bugs. 
  • During a specific time in the year, love bugs hatch and infest a big portion of the state. The love bugs are everywhere during this time. 
14. Having a clock that I constantly have to fix to tell the correct time, after buying several other clocks with the same problem. 
  • There can be several reasons for this, some being mechanical issues or battery issues. 
15. When I have to get on highways and people are in the way, so then I start stressing out.
  • This is just do to people not moving out of the way when they have to, possibly because they do not realize they should be moving out of the way. 
16. Bacon not being cooked all the way in some parts, but being burnt in other parts. 
  • There are several possible reason why this occurs including: the pan being used, the type of bacon, and the attentiveness of how it is being cooked. 
17. When I have to read a book, my arms usually get tired fast for keeping a book up and opened. I am then forced to lay down to relax and fall asleep without finishing my book.  
  • Books are heavy and it can be boring to sit in one place at a certain time. Reading a book can cause stress as a person is constantly holding an object several hours concentrating on that book. 
18. Getting screamed at every night because every time I close a door in my house it makes a loud noise. 
  •  The door is difficult to close as the alignment of the doorknob and hole is not correct, but there is also the squeaking noise that occurs when I am moving the door as well. 
19. My dog's chewing on my favorite headphone chords leaving them useless. 
  • My dog's are just interested in everything they find, especially when it looks like a toy. 
20.  Ice melting in my drink and watering it down giving it a horrible taste.
  • Ice melts because it is not cold any more and the water that comes off it will mix with the drink. 


After you have written the list of 20 "bugs," write your reflection on the challenges you had in coming up with the list. Did you find it difficult? How so?


Reflection

As I completed the bug list, the amount of problems I could think of did not bring me anywhere near the goal of 20 I was hoping for. I found listing all my problems quite difficult and therefore took up the approach that was suggested in just going about my life and paying attention to any little nuance that occurred in my life. With some time, I would find something that occurs all the time and annoys me. When these little annoyance occurred, I would type them down on my blog. It definitely can be difficult to think of little things in your life that give you problems, because of how often they occur and how used to them you can get. I realize now though, that if you are constantly looking out for problems then there may be moments where you can make solutions for them and make people's lives easier. 




1 comment:

  1. Hi Santiago! I agree that splattering oil when frying food like you described in number four is extremely annoying and dangerous. As a dog owner myself, I hate when my I take my dog out at night and she won’t come back inside until I shake the treat bag. Overall great post and good list, very comprehensive and includes a lot of things I hadn’t considered.

    ReplyDelete