Hi!
I am a student that has taken 2 months of ENT3003 and love it. If you want some advice for this class, I would say that the most important thing is to have a structured amount of time to allow yourself to finish the work of the week. You can have a block of 6 hours in 1 day to do everything or split it up to 20-minute sessions throughout the week as you have a lot of freedom throughout this class. A behavior that I created with keeping up with the requirements that this course has is creating a calendar of when I will be doing all of my assignments and assigning an estimated amount of time that it will take. I think this can help prevent you from falling behind or having to rush in any assignment and actually be able to learn content that the professor wants. Another behavior I was able to develop is trying to keep anything that will take your attention away from the current assignment to a minimum. I think that having to work on blogs is something that can get people to think of Facebook or twitter which will then in turn send them to those sites. To prevent myself from getting distracted, I would log out of all the things just to make sure that even if I forgot about my rule of trying to not go on one of them I would be able to remind myself once I tried to get onto the platform. I will be completely honest and state that the moment that I felt like giving up was the moment I was making a bug list. I think that this assignment is really different from most of the other assignments as it is something you have to be continuously thinking about for several days. I think that it being one of the first assignments is what pulled me through as I did not want to fail at such an early stage and I promise the future assignments are not all like that assignment. I think I honestly have created a tenacious attitude as there are moments when I would have rather gone to sleep but decided to work through even more and see if I could understand the assignment even more. From my experience, I think the first week is a pretty good way to be able to learn what you should and should not do for this class as there are many things you can do to prepare yourself for assignments and deadlines that are always approaching on you. One of the tips I would support to help you be more tenacious in this class is planning out with a calendar of any kind everything you have to do to be able to not overwhelm yourself. Another tip I have is not stressing over too much details at first. I would worry about the broader idea when it comes to a question and then after formulating an answer, I would think more deeper into the problem you have to solve to better develop your ideas. The last and final tip I have of having a tenacious mindset is actually watching the videos completely. I think the second you stop watching videos or even miss one video you are missing important information that may discourage you later on to watch even more videos.
No comments:
Post a Comment