The segment that I have chosen is people who go to the beach. For this, I interviewed three people who would be potential customers for this product. The first thing I prioritized was whether or not the customer legitimately had the need for this product. The unmet need would be wanting a drink at a specific temperature and not having it at that temperature. After I ensured that the people I was interviewing had this need, I interviewed them with several questions. The common solution to the issue that I presented to them was bringing ice to the beach but they mentioned that several issues could arise such as now having to carry a large and heavy unwanted container or also having to deal with ice melting before the day is even over. Other possible solutions that they searched for and found were containers such as the Yeti brand cups, but these solutions are very expensive alternatives. Several of the terms that a google search consisted of “Cold drinks” and “beach” which mostly had a solution of finding a good cooler. They talk to their friends for obvious reasons in trying to figure out what the best way is to getting cold drinks to a beach, whether or not it is worth the trouble in buying a cooler for the drinks to last or buying cold drinks at a shop and hoping they last at a good temperature for a long enough time. Another issue I was able to find out was the issue of not remembering to bring ice and therefore having to take another thirty minutes in getting ice from a shop. There are solutions to cold drink at a beach, but there are drawbacks to several of these solutions. Based on the interviews I had, the need awareness is high whenever the customer is planning on going to the beach. Several of the customers state how going to the beach on a hot day usually is what brings them into wanting a cold drink, therefore showing that the need awareness is high. Looking at information search results, one can see that this need is actually well noticed and there are solutions. These solutions that I searched up on the internet have their own drawbacks that people may not want to deal with. Overall, my product has a high need awareness and it also is a possible solution with low drawbacks that customers can benefit from.
Thursday, June 11, 2020
12A – Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Santiago. Great post! You did a good job of identifying a segment of your target audience. I agree that there are not a lot of good alternatives to your business idea. Coolers can be bulky and dealing with ice melting is not fun. Yeti cups and Swell bottles are effective but they can be expensive. Your product definitely a high need awareness.
ReplyDelete