1) I am Santiago Clavijo-Gomez and I study at the University of Florida. I major in computer engineering and I am also a rising senior interested in going to graduate school. I have industry experience with my specific major as I have interned in software engineering for Texas Instruments specifically in quality assurance and improvement. Through personal experience, I believe that I am quite resourceful and great with working in teams. I think something that really helps me with this is the ability to communicate well with others. Specific aspirations I have that pertain to this business is using my college education to make an efficient piece of technology at a low-cost to manufacture and something that will stand out amongst any competitor that is created. I also hope to have this company go nationwide where it is seen as a technology driven company to help satisfy people. It would be great to use my own personal hobbies such as going to the beach and fishing all the time to my advantage for this product. As this can relate to many people and how they might struggle with drink temperature when they are doing this as well.
2) The product I am offering is a device that will act as a handle to a cup and control the temperature of the liquid. This device can be manually controlled or can be set to a certain temperature all the time. This device will also be capable of easily changing sizes to fit any kind of cup to expand the experience of the customer and allow the owner to easily travel with it. With this device, I can now help the customers’ unmet need of not being able to have a drink at a temperature they want. Something else that this device will be able to do is be easily usable for people who are traveling as it will be transportable being able to change size. It will come in different textures and have different designs that will target specific areas such as people who love to go to the beach.
3) The specific demographic of people that I am trying to target can include people who are interested in traveling and people taking breaks throughout the day that are not near any electrical sources. Now more specifically I am also targeting avid beach goers as they are constantly in heat and constantly need cold drinks to refresh themselves. The reasons that I am targeting these specific people is that they can benefit from having a device that is transportable and I have personal experience with scenarios like this as I travel a lot and live in Florida. A common issue that all these people can relate to is the need to want a correct temperature drink but be nowhere near an area that can provide that.
4) Recently it has come to my attention that there are competitors but this is not a problem as the device I am offering will be of low cost and bring a better experience. A common problem of being outside a building is not having a drink at the correct temperature a person wants. There is a device that can help keep a drink at a consistent temperature, but this is only beneficial if the drink is at the correct temperature. The device I am proposing will help correct the temperature of the drink.
5) Certain things that separates me from everyone else is my experience with working in the technological realm and experience in traveling several times without an easy way of controlling my drinks temperature. I think something else that splits me from everyone else is the industry experience I have in quality to ensure everything is made properly. My device is also not a container itself and therefore does not need any cleaning at all. The cost of the device would not be too high compared to the expensive containers that are used to keep the temperature of the drink consistent as well.
Looking at this again, I believe that the elements mesh really well. People who want to go to the beach dont want to be spending hundreds of dollars for a device so a lower priced device is perfect for customers. Even with this, people who are traveling may want a more luxurious device and this can also be adjusted for that. With my experience, I believe that this device can be created really well with few defects as my experience within quality can help me with that particular detail.
Nobody gave me feedback on my last Idea napkin so I again asked my family for tips and they told me to add more details about myself and how my experience can better improve the product. For this reason I brought up my beach and travel experience in multiple parts and also added more about my own technical experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment