I think the thing that surprised me most about the entrepreneur I read about was how open minded and creative he was. I think that Elon Musk had a skill in seeing things that few others were able to see and he was not the person to stop another from following their dreams. I think that this is also something I really admired when it came to that as I really appreciate someone who can be supportive in scenarios where no one else can be. His ideas and companies that he created were crazy important in helping people around the country getting things they themselves wanted done. I think the thing that I least admired when it came to this entrepreneur is what can be seen in real life with some of his announcements and how sometimes he does not take things seriously at the risk of other people's lives. I guess something that can bee said about this is that this could be his way of relaxing but it could also harm others. Yes, Musk definitely encountered adversity and failures such as choosing between two of his companies Tesla and SpaceX. To solve this issue he was able to take some risks and also work with the government to save both of his companies eventually. As previously mentioned, the competency that I was able to notice was that the entrepreneur exhibited to see things other were not able to identify. I think Musk was great at seeing an opportunity and taking up on that chance to really start something and get people interested in his ideas. I think the thing that confused me was how crazy Elon could get with some ideas. I think it was interesting that he wanted to save the human race, but his solutions were way out there and things that are very hard to accomplish. I think two questions that I would ask Elon Musk is what company he thinks his greatest mistake was in and what he would have done differently with that company if he could go back in time. I would be interested in this as I would want to see what new ideas he created in his journey of following his dreams. I think that the entrepreneur really prioritized hard work as a key skill to have to accomplish many things. This is obviously something I agree with as this combined with passion can unlock many more doors in finding one's own ideas for specific opportunities.
Hi Santiago,
ReplyDeleteGreat post! For our third and final reading reflection, I opted to read Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. I think Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future looks like a very interesting book. I can see how not taking things seriously could be an issue, especially as an entrepreneur. I was surprised to learn that Musk patterned with the government to save his companies.