Santiago Clavijo's Blog for Principles of Entrepreneurship

Friday, July 17, 2020

20A – Growing Your Social Capital

1. Raveena Patel is a user interface software engineer that works on ensuring that customers can easily use applications to complete any tasks needed. She has several years of experience coding in python, C++, and other languages. 

2. Domain Expert- Seeing that the device I am creating will need software to function correctly Raveena fits perfectly for this. 

3. Looking throughout my network I was asking a couple of friends from Pennsylvania who knew a full time software engineer that could give me information and advice on what to do. I ended up finding Raveena to give me advice on how to create my idea.   

4. Raveena said that this device software-wise is relatively easy. Some advice she gave when it came to this was to create several tests to ensure that the product would meet all the standards and promises that I set out to make the device do. She also said that splitting up the work amongst multiple software engineers would also speed up the process and allow them to focus on the tasks that the have. She was really nice to me as we had mutual friends that connected us together to talk about my idea. 

5. Including this person in my network not only will allow me to have more people that have software skills to help, but can allow me to find people to test the product in its initial stages when it comes to software use. 

1. Amanda Hazel Dilmore is a Data Scientists that deals with metal detections device. 

2. Expert in Market- Amanda specifically deals with how the device is going to be used in a beach setting and how different settings can alter the device and how customer experience on the beach can be maximized. 

3.This time I looked through through my California links and through some friends I found someone who had actual experience with beach materials a market that is really important for my device. 

4. Amanda gave me advice to products that came to the beach. She said that technology and other products itself can be in danger of more wear and tear than usual because of the harsher climate that it has to be in considering the sand and sun that it will constantly be used in. Through this she said to look into materials that can stand together well to make sure the product lasts long as well. Similarly, this person was friendly with me because of our mutual friends that we could talk about. 

5. Including Amanda in my network link will allow me to have someone that can give me advice on how effective and how good of quality my device will be before it is produced. This is something that is super important as it will allow people to have good usage of my product. 

1. Pablo Luna deals with 3-D printing and mechanical engineering required tasks that is required for the products to function correctly. 

2. Important Supplier To Industry- Having experience with printing out devices, Pablo can be amazing resource when it comes to making the container that will be holding the drinks to change its temperature. 

3. Through the University of Florida itself, I looked through organizations that used AUTOCAD and tried to see if I could find any people who have graduated and can help with supplying the outer layout of the container. Through this I found Pablo who supplies material using 3D printing that can help me with my device. 

4. Pablo said that the device I could create wouldn't be too difficult. He said to ensure that I took into account any heat that would be produced by the technology that is placed inside the plastic and also advised me in creating multiple prototypes before sticking onto one of the handles that I have decided on. In return I talked to him about how the organization he used to be in was doing and what current tasks they were on. 

5. Including Pablo will be a good networking choice as he can be a great person to ask for help before I decide on a specific device. This will not only ensure that the design I choose is a good choice but can also help me lower the cost of producing my devices. 

This experience will allow me to be open minded in speaking to more people I meet on a daily basis. There are many times I meet a person and never keep contact with them because I have no interest in what they are doing. Now I have an interest in what many people are doing because they can help me in the future. This experience didn't really differ from my networking experience in the past. Usually I ask my friends or people I know around and see if there is someone they know that can help me. With this I will be able to connect with people as fast as possible.  

Posted by Santiago Clavijo-Gomez at 1:22 AM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Labels: 20A – Growing Your Social Capital

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About Me

Santiago Clavijo-Gomez
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2020 (29)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ▼  July (12)
      • 27A – Reading Reflection No. 3
      • 28A – Your Exit Strategy
      • 26A – Celebrating Failure Submit Assignment
      • 25A – What’s Next?
      • 24A – Venture Concept No. 1
      • 23A – Your Venture’s Unfair Advantage
      • 22A – Elevator Pitch No. 3
      • 21A – Reading Reflection No. 2
      • 20A – Growing Your Social Capital
      • 19A – Idea Napkin No. 2
      • 18A – Create a Customer Avatar
      • 17A – Elevator Pitch No. 2
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (7)
Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.