The book that I have chosen is How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big. The general theme of the book was that in creating a business there are several paths and difficulties that a person may face and can learn from. I think that Scott Adam was trying to teach how these experiences can help shape someone into becoming more successful as starting something in the sense of a business is not dependent on one characteristic. The book in my opinion connected and enhanced what I learned from ENT by reinforcing what I have learning about all the different things a person needs to start up a business. Whether it be human capital or other kinds of capital it is important to be diverse in all the skill sets a person has and try to open up as many doors to have the best possible path in the future. A possible exercise that I would have the class do is look into having an idea of a business and planning out a month of plans that the business needs. I would then get them to write down all failures and successful tasks that are accomplished and write down any characteristics they learned of themselves that can help them in the future or need improvement. The biggest surprise when reading the book was that no matter how hard you work with one skill you cannot go far without using several other skills. Starting a business is not as easy as it sounds and needs many things to be a successful plan.
Hi Santiago,
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Your post offered a lot of insight into the book you read. I also read How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big by Scott Adams and it connects well with what we are learning in class. I think this book connects well into what we’re learning because there are several paths to success and this book is proof of that.